Monday, September 12, 2011

Ride to the Spit 9-11-11

A nice Sunday. Winter is coming, we have to take advantage of the sun when it shines. On this sad day 9-11, we decided to take the four wheeler and I took my first four wheeler ride. I was very hesitant to get on the back of one. But I put on my big girl panties and JUST DID IT. It is all decked out leading with a reindeer skull. I forgot my leather jacket, darn it anyway.

We rode out to the spit. My oh my. It was really pretty AND we found starfish on the rocky shore. And across the ocean there were hundreds of birds, seagulls, feeding on something. Some kind of little fish. My camera has a killer zoom and I got some great pictures of the birds diving and eating.

And in the rocks were starfish. I have never seen them in real life before. We collected a bunch of them. Ron put laid them out to dry. Then I am going to send them to my Grandkids so they can break them. lol I joke. That is how people here way "just teasing".

















No comments:

Post a Comment