Saturday, August 20, 2011

Gone Fishin' Instead of Just a Wishin'

Warning: The fish were not hurt in the production of "Gone Fishin".. There was professional supervision on site during the filming. As you can see, The fisherman, played by "Ron", truly loves the salmon as you can see by the final scene (first photo).
-
Ron tried snagging the salmon. Some folks here were helping him learn. Look at the water, see the little ripples, an occasional big ripple in the little ripples, throw your line in with the treble snag hook and snag one, reel it in. You may have to run ahead a bit to stay with the school. Ron was not lucky enough to snag any. I was with him, taking pictures, asking the folks what to look for in the water. They explained it to me. Ok... some kids were throwing rocks in the water, I asked if that would make a difference when reading the water? They said yes. So now, I really don't know what to look for. Darn.

As you know, Teller is on a spit. Kind of like a sandbar jetting out between 3 bodies of water. One side is fresh water one side is salt. Snagging is legal only on the fresh water side. Interesting huh?

Once the salmon are done running, they go upstream and die. When that happens, we are told that it REALLY STINKS going over that bridge. I may or may not take pictures. Depends on how long I can hold my breath. I may hang my camera out the van door and click fast, see what I get. Good luck to me.






No comments:

Post a Comment